AUGUST 2 … 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
IT’S TRULY THE CONDIMENTAL DIVIDE. Join us for the 24th Annual National Mustard Day! We’ve come a long way. The original National Mustard Day occupied about 3 parking stalls in front of the original Museum. Now, we close off Parmenter and Hubbard streets in downtown MIDDLETON, WISCONSIN. As the years have gone by the National Mustard Day celebration has definitely gotten bigger and better!
On August 2, (rain or shine!) Middleton will transform into the undisputed Epicenter of Condimental Appreciation where thousands of mustard lovers will gather — some spicy, some sweet; some exotic, some hot. It takes all kinds. Oh, and the many mustards available for hot dogs and tastings are also spicy, sweet, exotic, and hot…
Below is a preliminary schedule of events… check back frequently for details as they become available (view PDF).
LIVE ENTERTAINMENT on the
Grey Poupon Stage:
- 9:30 am — Mustard Day Overture, by the POUPON U Accordion Band
- 10:00 am — Opening Ceremony with Dr. Mustard, Dean of POUPON U
- 10:30 am – 1:00 pm — The Funky Chunky Band, a 5-piece Madison-based band playing 60s & 70s soul, rhythm & blues!
- 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm — The Red Hot Horn Dawgs, from classic rock and country to Elvis, Buffett & Fogerty — they cover ‘em all!
LIVE ENTERTAINMENT on the French’s Family Stage:
- 11:00 am, 12:30 pm, and 2:30 pm — Kids Are People Too!, Interactive Kids Show
- 11:45 am — Clowing Around with Doc the Rube
- “FREE” Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs, with mustard, while they last (donations* gratefully accepted)
- Culver’s Frozen Mustard Custard with Caramel Ribbon & Chocolate Flakes
- Mustard Day Cookies from the Hubbard Avenue Diner
- Hot Soft Pretzels (with mustard!)
GOLDEN FUN ACTIVITIES:
- The Oscar Mayer Weinermobile! Take a PHOTO with the famous hot dog shaped car and play the new Wienermobile App onsite — get photos with a hot dog, bacon, and bologna cutouts!
- Climb to the Top! Find your way to the top of the hot dog, errrrrr, wait, that’s not right… to the top of the Portable Climbing Wall from Boulders Climbing Gym!
- Mustard Games* (including Painting with Mustard, Mustard-To-Win-It/Feed the Curator, Fishing for Mustard, Hoops for Koops’ Mustard Ring Toss, Mustard Bowling, and Plochman’s Spinning Wheel of Mustard Fortune)
- Dance with the Duchess of Mustard
- NEW! Bounce House with Slide
- Temporary Tattoos
- Face Painting
- Balloon Twisting by The Balloonatic
Proceeds from the Mustard Games, Activities and Hot Dog Donations will benefit the
LOV Dane (Living Our Visions) and the non-profit National Mustard Museum.
MUSTARD MARKETPLACE & TASTING TENT:
- Meet the Mustardmakers (including Grey Poupon, El Diablo, MizKan Mustards, Hawkwind, Kelley’s Gourmet, Slimm & Nunne, and more!)
- Cold drinks
- Mustard tasting and other delicious goodies (including Carr Valley Cheese Curds!)
- Mustard Day souvenirs, including commemorative NMD2014 SuperMustard t-shirts, cold drinks and more…
“HEY, WHILE YOU’RE AT THE MUSTARD MUSEUM…” come inside!
- For one thing, it’s COOL inside — and, as always, admission to the Museum is FREE!
- See the World’s Largest Collection of Mustards and Mustard Memorabilia, featuring the Great Wall of Mustard, with over 5,400 mustards from more than 70 countries.
- Check out our latest exhibits. The newest additions include the “Canada is the World’s Mustard” exhibit, and the fabulous RS Prussia Mustard Pot Collection.
- Play the interactive ‘Food Whiz’ game also located in the lower level in the Museum.
- Shop & Taste! You can browse the Museum Gift Shop for dazzling mustards, and other gourmet delicacies including chutneys, salsas, hot sauces, dessert toppings, and preserves.
- Visit the Poupon U Bookstore where you can load up on PU swag.
HOTEL SPECIALS, JUST FOR MUSTARD DAY WEEKEND!
Special Mustard Day lodging rates are available at the nearby Marriott Madison West (Middleton). Call the Marriott directly at 608-831-2000 to book your room now. Ask for the Mustard Day Package. If you’re booking online at www.Marriott.com use promo code “FOO” … as in “fooey” on Ketchup!
We also have an arrangement with the Staybridge Suites in Middleton for special Mustard Day rates. Call Staybridge at 608-664-5888 to book your room and ask for the “Mustard Day Special”.
While you’re in Middleton, be sure to explore our neighborhood after Mustard Day and enjoy a delicious dinner or Sunday brunch at one of the many locally-owned restaurants. For more ideas of cool things you can do while in Middleton, check out VisitMiddleton.com for the whole scoop on the “Good Neighbor City”!
A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS: Of course, none of this would be possible without the generous and enthusiastic support of our sponsors, who are listed alphabetically on the left. They help make Mustard Day the world’s most condimentally-correct family-friendly food festival. A big THANK YOU to all our our 2014 National Mustard Day sponsors.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - -
* DONATIONS for free hot dogs, games, and activities at the 2014 National Mustard Day celebration benefit LOV Dane (Living Our Visions) — a local grassroots organization that brings individuals with disabilities plus their families and other community members together to create “the good life” for all of us — as well as the nonprofit National Mustard Museum.