NOTE: This is the actual competition recipe that won
first place at the 2011 Winterfest “Chilly” Cook-off.
Since the cook time is pretty long, you may want to cook
this in a crock pot. This recipe makes 18 quarts, you may
want to divide this recipe by 3 or more if you are
not making this for a big ol’ party…
- 11 lbs Ground beef
- 2 Green peppers, diced
- 4 lbs Yellow onions, diced
- 3 cans Diced tomatoes, 10 oz cans
- 2 jars Australian Outback Mustard
- 2 bottles Plochman’s Chili Dog Mustard
- 1/4 cup Sgt. Peppers Chipotle del Sol Smokin’ Mustard
- 1-1/2 cup Chili powder
- 4 cans Black beans (drained), 15 oz cans
- 3 tbsp Ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp, Garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 cup Small shell macaroni
- 1 Beer, 12 oz bottle
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Galena Raspberry Habañero Honey Mustard
Cook meat, peppers and onions together until the meat is browned (you may have to do this in separate batches). Add tomatoes, Australian Outback Mustard, Chili Dog Mustard, Chipotle del Sol Mustard, chili powder, black beans, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and beer. Cook four hours on low heat, uncovered. Add macaroni and brown sugar. Cook another four hours on low heat (uncovered). When ready to serve, stir in the Galena Raspberry Habañero Honey Mustard.
This chili improves by letting it sit (refrigerated) overnight.
Feeds: A lot.
– This recipe was brainstormed by Mrs. Mustard & Pamilyn Hatfield