‘An Evening of Mustard Royalty’ is unquestionably THE “don’t-miss” event…
On Friday night, April 29, 2011, beginning at 7:00 pm the National Mustard Museum will host it’s first-ever fundraiser. At the highly-anticipated An Evening of Mustard Royalty, the marquee event will feature the crowning of new champions as we present medals to the winners of the 2011 World-Wide Mustard Competition.
And, there’s a whole lot more going on … it’s really a WEEKEND HAPPENING!
Along with the medals presentation Friday night you can:
- taste culinary creations of area chefs competing in our Iron Mustard Chefs Challenge (see below);
- enjoy the distinctive microbrews of the award-winning Capitol Brewery;
- sip delicious Sprecher Root Beer;
- sample the just-released Cocoa Liqueur, courtesy of Yahara Bay Distillers;
- savor the elegant award-winning wines from Spurgeon Vineyards;
- meet the enchanting Duchess of Mustard;
- enjoy the sounds and sophisticated stylings of the Quartessence String Quartet;
- see Wisconsin’s Master Cheese Carver Troy Landwehr work his wonders with cheddar (courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board). You can watch a preview of this “DaVinci of Dairy” in this YouTube video;
- and, while you can’t eat the cheese sculpture, there will be plenty of delicious local artisan creations, including an array of Wisconsin Cheeses courtesy of Fromagination, along with Potter’s Crackers, some tasty treats from Bloom Bake Shop, and scrumptious Tootski’s Toffees.
CHEFS competing in the Friday night Iron Mustard Chefs Challenge include:
- Chef David Heide, Liliana’s Restaurant
- Chef Tim Larsen, The Coopers Tavern
- Chef Jim Doak, Culver’s Corporate
- Chef Rob Grisham, Brasserie V
- Chef Rod Ladson, Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse
- Chef Ginnie Richardson, Willy Street Co-op
- Chef Steve Eriksen, Whole Foods Market Madison
Tickets for the Friday night Awards and Chefs Challenge event are $60 per person. Click below to order tickets or call 800-438-6878 (local, 608-831-2222).
You’ll hardly have enough time to dent your pillow after Friday night’s festivities because on Saturday, from 10am – 5pm, we are also hosting Mustard Marketplace. This Saturday showcase event is FREE to the mustard-loving public (ketchup eaters are subject to a $10 surcharge).