25th Annual Celebration of the King of Condiments is August 1st!
THE MUSTARD AWAKENS. Join us for “EPISODE 25″ of the National Mustard Day saga! Just as Star Wars fans are eagerly anticipating “Episode 7: The Force Awakens”, mustard lovers are positively giddy in anticipation of our Episode 25…
We’ve truly come a long way. The original National Mustard Day occupied about 3 parking stalls in front of the original Museum. Now, we close off Parmenter and Hubbard streets in downtown MIDDLETON, WISCONSIN. As the years have gone by the celebration has definitely gotten bigger and better!
On August 1, (rain or shine!) Middleton will transform into the Condimental Divide as the undisputed Epicenter of Condimental Appreciation where thousands of mustard lovers gather — some spicy, some sweet; some exotic, some hot. It takes all kinds. Oh, and the many mustards available for hot dogs and tastings are also spicy, sweet, exotic, and hot…
⦿ LIVE ENTERTAINMENT…
→ on the Grey Poupon Stage:
- 9:30 am — Mustard Day Overture, by the POUPON U Accordion Band
- 10:00 am — Opening Ceremony with Dr. Mustard, Dean of POUPON U
- 10:30 am and 1:15 pm — Evan Riley Band, alternative rock bringing catchy melodies, well-crafted songwriting, and thought provoking lyrics!
- 11:45 and 2:30 pm — The Red Hot Horn Dawgs, from classic rock and country to Elvis, Buffett & Fogerty — they cover ‘em all!
→ on the French’s Family Stage:
- 11:00 am, 12:30 pm, and 2:30 pm — Kids Are People Too!, Three Interactive Kids Shows, don’t miss it!
- — Clowning Around with Doc the Rube
⦿ DELICIOUS FOODS…
- *FREE* Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs, with mustard, while they last! (donations* gratefully accepted)
- Culver’s Frozen Honey Mustard Custard and other cool flavors
- Roth Cheese Food Truck on the Go Grilled cheese with mustard anyone? Monroe, Wisconsin’s specialty cheese purveyor Emmi Roth brings their award-winning cheeses to grilled cheese sandwiches for National Mustard Day 25… perfect for dipping in mustard!
- Chippy’s Popcorn Creations brings fresh made kettle corn onsite, which you can season with mustard, if you like!
- Mustard Day Treats from the Hubbard Avenue Diner
- Hot Soft Pretzels (with mustard!)
⦿ GOLDEN FUN ACTIVITIES…
- NEW! Fill Your YELP Mustard Day Passport — stop at the Yelp Tent or the Mustard Museum’s main info tent to pickup your Passport, get it stickered at each Mustard Day activity you participate in and bring it back to the Yelp Tent to collect your prize! PLUS, you can sit & relax in the shade of the Yelp Tent!
- The Oscar Mayer Weinermobile! Hotdoggers will give people a chance to experience a virtual ride in the Wienermobile. In addition, Hotdoggers will be taking photos with fun bacon and hot dog cutouts!
- Visit the 96.3 Star Country Tent — 11:00 am – 1:00 pm ONLY! — register to win tickets to see Justin Moore with Easton Corbin at the Wisconsin State Fair on 8/13.
- NEW! Mustard Pitch: Try your hand at the classic “knock down the milk bottles” game… only with mustard bottles, of course! i9 Sports will help you make sure you put a little extra mustard on it…
- Climb to the Top! Find your way to the top of the hot dog, errrrrr, wait, that’s not right… to the top of the Portable Climbing Wall from Boulders Climbing Gym!
- Mustard Games* (including Painting with Mustard, Mustard-To-Win-It/Feed the Curator, Fishing for Mustard, Hoops for Koops’ Mustard Ring Toss, Mustard Bowling, and Plochman’s Spinning Wheel of Mustard Fortune)
- Dance with the Duchess of Mustard
- Bounce House fun
- Face Painting
- Balloon Twisting by The Balloonatic
Proceeds from the Mustard Games, Activities and Hot Dog Donations will benefit the
LOV Dane (Living Our Visions) and the non-profit National Mustard Museum (see bottom of page).
⦿ MUSTARD MARKETPLACE & TASTING TENT…
- Meet the Mustardmakers (including Grey Poupon, Mustard Girl, Wilson’s Mustard, Hawkwind Mustard and Relish, Kelley’s Gourmet Mustard, Slimm & Nunne, Muttstard and Meowstard pet condiments and more!)
- Cold drinks
- Mustard tasting and other delicious goodies
- Mustard Day 2015 souvenir t-shirts for Episode XXV, and other mustard gift items…
⦿ “HEY, WHILE YOU’RE AT THE MUSTARD MUSEUM…” come inside!
- For one thing, it’s COOL inside — and, as always, admission to the Museum is FREE!
- See the World’s Largest Collection of Mustards and Mustard Memorabilia, featuring the Great Wall of Mustard, with over 5,811 mustards from more than 70 countries.
- Check out our exhibits, Including the Canada is the World’s Mustard exhibit from Saskatchewan, The Art of Mustard, and the fabulous RS Prussia Mustard Pot Collection.
- Play the interactive ‘Food Whiz’ game also located in the lower level in the Museum.
- Shop! Browse the Museum Gift Shop for dazzling mustards, and other gourmet delicacies including bbq sauces, hot sauces, dessert toppings, and preserves.
- Taste! Try hundreds of mustards and other food items at our Ultimate Tasting Bar!
- Visit the Poupon U Bookstore where you can load up on PU swag.
⦿ HOTEL SPECIAL — JUST FOR MUSTARD DAY WEEKEND!
Special Mustard Day lodging rates of $109/night are available at the nearby Marriott Madison West (Middleton). Visit their web page or call the Marriott directly at 608-831-2000 to book your room now. Mention that you’re coming for National Mustard Day (code: MSTMSTA)…
While you’re in Middleton, be sure to explore our neighborhood after Mustard Day and enjoy a delicious dinner or Sunday brunch at one of the many locally-owned restaurants. For more ideas of cool things you can do while in Middleton, check out VisitMiddleton.com for the latest on the “Good Neighbor City”!
SPECIAL THANKS to the City of Middleton, Middleton Parks & Public Lands, the Middleton Tourism Commission, all of the Downtown Middleton Businesses, and National Mustard Museum Staff & Volunteers.
A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS: Of course, none of this would be possible without the generous and enthusiastic support of our sponsors, who are listed alphabetically on the left. They help make Mustard Day the world’s most condimentally-correct family-friendly food festival. A big THANK YOU to all our our 2015 National Mustard Day sponsors.
* DONATIONS for free hot dogs, games, and activities at the 2015 National Mustard Day celebration benefit LOV Dane (Living Our Visions) — a local grassroots organization that brings individuals with disabilities plus their families and other community members together to create “the good life” for all of us — as well as the nonprofit National Mustard Museum.