26th Annual Celebration of the King of Condiments was August 6th!
SATURDAY, AUGUST 6, 2016 — 10am – 4pm MIDDLETON, WISCONSIN
We’ve truly come a long way. The original National Mustard Day occupied about 3 parking stalls in front of the original Museum. Now, we close off Parmenter and Hubbard streets in downtown MIDDLETON, WISCONSIN. As the years have gone by the celebration has definitely gotten bigger and better!
On August 6, (rain or shine!) Middleton will transform into the Condimental Divide as the undisputed Epicenter of Condimental Appreciation where thousands of mustard lovers gather — some spicy, some sweet; some exotic, some hot. It takes all kinds. Oh, and the many mustards available for hot dogs and tastings are also spicy, sweet, exotic, and hot…
(NOTE: event information listed below is may change slightly, check back occasionally for updates)
⦿ HOTEL SPECIAL — JUST FOR MUSTARD DAY WEEKEND!
Special Mustard Day lodging rates starting at $119/night are available for Thurs 8/4, Fri 8/5, and Sat 8/6 at the nearby Staybridge Suites (Middleton/Madison West). Visit their web page or call them directly at 608-664-5888 to book your room now. Mention that you’re coming for National Mustard Day (group code: MDV)…
⦿ LIVE ENTERTAINMENT…
→ on the Grey Poupon Stage:
- 9:30 am — Mustard Day Overture, by the POUPON U Accordion Band
- 10:00 am — Opening Ceremony with Dr. Mustard, Dean of POUPON U
- 10:30 am and 1:15 pm — Evan Riley Band, alternative rock bringing catchy melodies, well-crafted songwriting, and thought provoking lyrics!
- 11:45 and 2:30 pm — The Red Hot Horn Dawgs, from classic rock and country to Elvis, Buffett & Fogerty — they cover ‘em all!
→ on the French’s Family Stage:
- 11:00 am, 12:30 pm, and 2:30 pm — Kids Are People Too! — three super fun Interactive Kids Shows!*
*Try the Jukebox Money Cube between shows.
⦿ SPECIAL GUESTS…
- → MEATHEAD GOLDWYN — Come Meet the Meathead! The BBQ Whisperer will be here giving a memorable talk about “BBQ Myths” along with showcasing his best-selling cookbook, Meathead: The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling … don’t miss him during his special Mustard Day stop on his hugely popular book tour! Meathead will be here all day from 10am-4pm answering your questions and signing his new book, but he’ll also be presenting tips on BBQ and grilling at 11:30 and 2:00.
- → GORMAN THOMAS — Milwaukee Brewers legend Stormin’ Gorman Thomas brings his delicious “Stormin’ Sauce“ mustard-based barbecue sauce. Come meet Gorman, sample some BBQ sauce, talk a little baseball, and buy an autographed bottle! Gorman will be here all day in his Tasting Tent from 10am-4pm.
⦿ DELICIOUS FOODS…
- Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs (with mustard, of course)
- Culver’s Frozen Mustard Custard — this year’s exclusive flavor: Frozen Chocolate Mustard Custard with Cherries! Click to see the unique combo of mustard mixed with Fresh Frozen Chocolate Custard, topped with Culver’s one-of-a-kind cherry topping. (They’ll also have chocolate and vanilla for those less adventurous)
- Middleton BBQ brings delicious pulled pork and Capital Amber brats! (We bring the mustard.)
- Roth Cheesy Treats perfect for dipping in mustard! Monroe, Wisconsin’s specialty cheese purveyor Emmi Roth brings their award-winning cheeses to grilled cheese sandwiches for National Mustard Day… perfect for dipping in mustard!
- Hot Soft Pretzels (with mustard!)
⦿ GOLDEN FUN ACTIVITIES…
- NEW! Visit the Yelp Selfie Station!
- The Oscar Mayer Weinermobile! Hotdoggers will give people a chance to experience a virtual ride in the Wienermobile. In addition, Hotdoggers will be taking photos with fun bacon and hot dog cutouts!
- Mustard Pitch: Try your hand at the classic “knock down the milk bottles” game… only with mustard bottles, of course! i9 Sports will help you make sure you put a little extra mustard on it…
- Mustard Games* (including Feed the Curator, Fishing for Mustard, Hoops for Koops’ Mustard Ring Toss, Mustard Bowling, and Plochman’s Spinning Wheel of Mustard Fortune)
- Dance with the Duchess of Mustard
- Bounce House fun sponsored by Rockin’ Jump Madison, the ultimate trampoline park!
- Face Painting & Temporary Tattoos by Glitter to Gore
- Balloon Twisting by The Balloonatic
- NEW! Caricatures by Bernie!
* Proceeds from the Mustard Games, Activities and Hot Dog Donations will benefit a local charity and the non-profit National Mustard Museum (see bottom of page).
⦿ MUSTARD MARKETPLACE & TASTING TENT…
- Meet the Mustardmakers (Kelley’s Gourmet Mustard, Boetje’s, Robert Rothschild Farm, and Bertman Original Ballpark Mustard…)
- Cold drinks
- Mustard tasting and other delicious goodies
- Mustard Day 2016 souvenir t-shirts, and other mustard gift items…
⦿ “HEY, WHILE YOU’RE AT THE MUSTARD MUSEUM…” come inside!
- For one thing, it’s COOL inside — and, as always, admission to the Museum is FREE!
- See the World’s Largest Collection of Mustards and Mustard Memorabilia, featuring the Great Wall of Mustard, with nearly 6,000 mustards from more than 70 countries.
- Check out our exhibits, including the exhibit from Saskatchewan, Canada, Mustard Growing Capital of the World, The Art of Mustard, and the fabulous RS Prussia Mustard Pot Collection.
- Play the interactive ‘Food Whiz’ game also located in the lower level in the Museum.
- Shop! Browse the Museum Gift Shop for dazzling mustards, and other gourmet delicacies including bbq sauces, hot sauces, dessert toppings, and preserves.
- Taste! Try hundreds of mustards and other gourmet goodies at our Ultimate Tasting Bar!
- Visit the Poupon U Bookstore where you can load up on PU swag.
While you’re in Middleton, be sure to explore our neighborhood after Mustard Day and enjoy a delicious dinner or Sunday brunch at one of the many locally-owned restaurants. For more ideas of cool things you can do while in Middleton, check out VisitMiddleton.com for the latest on the “Good Neighbor City”!
SPECIAL THANKS to the City of Middleton/Community Development Authority, the City of Middleton Tourism Commission and Department of Public Lands, Recreation & Forestry, in addition to all of the Downtown Middleton Businesses, and the National Mustard Museum Staff & Volunteers.
A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS: Of course, none of this would be possible without the generous and enthusiastic support of our sponsors, who are listed alphabetically on the left. They help make Mustard Day the world’s most condimentally-correct family-friendly food festival. A big THANK YOU to all our our 2016 National Mustard Day sponsors.
* DONATIONS for games and activities at National Mustard Day 2016 benefit the Sauk Trails Optimist Club — an organization dedicated to bringing out the best in kids and their communities through hope and positive vision — as well as the nonprofit National Mustard Museum.