27th Annual Celebration of the King of Condiments is August 5th!
SATURDAY, AUGUST 5, 2017 — 10am – 4pm MIDDLETON, WISCONSIN
We’ve truly come a long way. The very first National Mustard Day occupied about 3 parking stalls in front of the original Museum. Now, we close off Parmenter and Hubbard streets in downtown MIDDLETON, WISCONSIN. As the years have gone by the celebration has definitely gotten bigger and better!
On August 5, (rain or shine!) Middleton will transform into the Condimental Divide as the undisputed Epicenter of Condimental Appreciation where thousands of mustard lovers gather — some spicy, some sweet; some exotic, some hot. It takes all kinds. Oh, and the many mustards available for hot dogs and tastings are also spicy, sweet, exotic, and hot…
This year, we’re proud to partner with the nonprofit research accelerator, No More Kids With Cancer. Their social media campaign “The Mustard Challenge” is raising awareness and funds for pediatric cancer research. Join us for the World’s Biggest Mustard Challenge at National Mustard Day!
(NOTE: event information listed below may change slightly, check back occasionally for updates)
⦿ LIVE ENTERTAINMENT…
→ on the Main Stage:
- 9:30 am — Mustard Day Overture, by the POUPON U Accordion Band
- 10:00 am — Opening Ceremony with Dr. Mustard, Dean of POUPON U
- 10:30 am and 1:00 pm — The Red Hot Horn Dawgs, Madison’s Brassy Party Band bringing you today’s music with rock and soul!
- 1:00 pm — THE WORLD’S BIGGEST MUSTARD CHALLENGE! Be here at 1pm to be part of the record-setting challenge to raise maximum awareness and funds to discover safer, non-toxic and more effective treatments for children with cancer.
- 1:30 – 4:00 pm — Marcy and the Highlights
→ on the French’s Family Stage:
- 11:15 am, 1:15 pm & 2:45 pm — Kids Are People Too! — three super fun Interactive Kids Shows!*
⦿ SPECIAL GUESTS… (preliminary, more to come!)
- → GORMAN THOMAS — Legendary Milwaukee Brewers slugger Stormin’ Gorman Thomas brings his delicious “Stormin’ Sauce“ mustard-based barbecue sauce. Come meet Gorman, sample some BBQ sauce, talk a little baseball, and buy an autographed bottle! Gorman will be here all day in his Tasting Tent from 10am-4pm.
⦿ TASTY TREATS…
- Vienna Beef Hot Dogs (with mustard, of course)
- NEW! French crepes by SchoolHouse Coffee Grounds
- Culver’s Frozen Mustard Custard — this year’s exclusive mustardy flavor is: Frozen Chocolate Mustard Custard with Cherries! Click to see (They’ll also have chocolate and vanilla for those less adventurous)
- Middleton BBQ brings delicious pulled pork and Capital Amber brats! (We bring the mustard.)
- Hot Soft Pretzels (with mustard!)
⦿ GOLDEN FUN ACTIVITIES…
- Mustard Pitch: Try your hand at the classic “knock down the milk bottles” game… only with mustard bottles, of course! i9 Sports will help you make sure you put a little extra mustard on it…
- Mustard Games* (including Feed the Curator, Fishing for Mustard, Hoops for Koops’ Mustard Ring Toss, Mustard Bowling, and Plochman’s Spinning Wheel of Mustard Fortune)
- Dance with the Duchess of Mustard
- Bounce House fun sponsored by Rockin’ Jump Madison, the ultimate trampoline park!
- Balloon Creations by Balloon Twister Doc Bebop
- Caricatures by Bernie!
* Proceeds from the Mustard Games, Activities and Hot Dog Donations will benefit the Sauk Trails Optimist Club and the non-profit National Mustard Museum (see bottom of page).
⦿ MUSTARD MARKETPLACE & TASTING TENT…
- Meet the Mustardmakers (Lowensenf, Robert Rothschild Farm, Kelley’s Gourmet, and Slimm & Nunne)
- Cold drinks
- Mustard Tasting and other delicious goodies
- Mustard Day 2017 souvenir t-shirts, and other mustard gift items…
⦿ “HEY, WHILE YOU’RE AT THE MUSTARD MUSEUM…” come inside!
- For one thing, it’s COOL inside — and, as always, admission to the Museum is FREE!
- See the World’s Largest Collection of Mustards and Mustard Memorabilia, featuring the Great Wall of Mustard, with nearly 6,000 mustards from more than 70 countries.
- Check out our exhibits, including the exhibit from Saskatchewan, Canada, Mustard Growing Capital of the World, The Art of Mustard, and the fabulous RS Prussia Mustard Pot Collection.
- Play the interactive ‘Food Whiz’ game also located in the lower level in the Museum.
- Shop! Browse the Museum Gift Shop for dazzling mustards, and other gourmet delicacies including bbq sauces, hot sauces, dessert toppings, and preserves.
- Taste! Try hundreds of mustards and other gourmet goodies at our Ultimate Tasting Bar!
- Visit the Poupon U Bookstore where you can load up on PU swag.
While you’re in Middleton, be sure to explore our neighborhood after Mustard Day and enjoy a delicious dinner or Sunday brunch at one of the many locally-owned restaurants. For more ideas of cool things you can do while in Middleton, check out VisitMiddleton.com for the latest on the “Good Neighbor City”!
SPECIAL THANKS to the City of Middleton/Community Development Authority, the City of Middleton Tourism Commission and Department of Public Lands, Recreation & Forestry, in addition to all of the Downtown Middleton Businesses, and the National Mustard Museum Staff & Volunteers.
A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS: Of course, none of this would be possible without the generous and enthusiastic support of our sponsors, who are listed alphabetically on the left. They help make Mustard Day the world’s most condimentally-correct family-friendly food festival. A big THANK YOU to all our our 2017 National Mustard Day sponsors.
THE MUSTARD CHALLENGE: We also encourage all companies and individuals to consider not only taking the Mustard Challenge to fight childhood cancer, but to also send a donation directly to the non-profit organization behind the “Mustard Challenge”: No More Kids With Cancer (donate now)
* DONATIONS for games and activities at National Mustard Day 2017 benefit the Sauk Trails Optimist Club — an organization dedicated to bringing out the best in kids and their communities through hope and positive vision — as well as the nonprofit National Mustard Museum.