A bright, refreshing salad with a bit of maple syrup dressing. The subtle hint of sweetness amplifies the other contents of the salad bowl.
- 1/2 lb sourdough bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp maple sugar seasoning
- 14 oz Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tart apple, thinly sliced
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 small shallot, diced (about 3 tbsp)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp Butternut Mountain Farm Sweet Maple Mustard
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the bread pieces in the olive oil and maple sugar seasoning. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Wash and shred the Brussels sprouts carefully using a sharp chef’s knife or mandolin.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to a salad bowl.
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl or mason jar, add the shallot, garlic, mustard, chives, maple syrup, and white wine vinegar. Stir together with a fork. Add salt and pepper, to taste. While whisking with your fork, add the olive oil until emulsified. (If making the dressing in a mason jar, close the lid and shake.)
- Pour the dressing over the shredded Brussels sprouts and massage into them. Add the avocado, apple, goat cheese, and bacon. Add more goat cheese, if desired.
- Top with the seasoned croutons and serve.