Can You Top THIS?!
Let’s find out. What’s your most awesome recipe for topping a hot dog? Well, see how your toppings stack up in the “Top Dog Hot Dog Topping Contest” sponsored by the National Mustard Museum. Just submit your mouthwatering entry using our online entry form.
* * EXTENDED CONTEST DEADLINE: Entries due Friday, July 19; Facebook voting begins July 22 * *
* CONTEST OVERVIEW: Each submission will be posted to the Museum’s Facebook page where fans will vote for their favorites. The 4 entries receiving the most “Facebook Likes” will be asked to compete in a live judging at National Mustard Day in Middleton, WI, on Saturday, August 3, 2013 (lodging and transportation to Middleton not provided).
* PRIZES: The winning “Top Dog Hot Dog Topper” will take home a stunning and fittingly piled-upon hot dog trophy to go along with bragging rights, a $100 Mustard Museum Gift Card, a National Mustard Day t-shirt, and a signed book from famed hot dog maven, author, and lead judge, Bruce Kraig. All finalists will receive an NMD t-shirt and book from author Bruce Kraig.
* HOW TO ENTER: Send us (1) your completed entry form; (2) your recipe including all ingredients, measurements or amounts for each, and the order in which they are applied along with any instructions for preparing your hot dog; include the (3) name of your recipe and; (4) a photograph of your decked out dog! Submit entries fast and easy using our online order form (click button below).
* ENTRY DEADLINE: All entries must include at least one mustard among your ingredients and must be submitted by Friday, July 19. (Obviously, you’ll score big in this crowd by utilizing lots of mustards of varying flavors and forms!)
* ROUND 1 – FACEBOOK VOTING: Each entry will be posted in all its glory on the https://www.facebook.com/mustardmuseum at https://www.facebook.com/mustardmuseum by Monday, July 22. Fans will vote by “liking” the recipe that looks and sounds like the yummiest. Facebook Voting will close at 11:00pm central on Sunday, July 28. The Top 4 vote getters will be contacted by email and announced on the NMM Facebook page and website on July 22. These top for will be invited to attend final judging at National Mustard Day on August 3. So, tell all your Facebook friends to vote for your deliciously topped dog so you’ll make it to our Golden Four!
* ROUND 2 – LIVE JUDGING: The Golden Four from our Facebook voting will be featured as part of the National Mustard Day celebration in Middleton, WI, on August 3, 2013. Hot dogs and buns will be supplied for you by the Museum. Mustards sold at the Mustard Museum can also be provided on site, so check our online store (https://mustardmuseum.com) to select from hundreds of mustards! Each finalist will prepare their topped dog for an esteemed panel of judges, headed by hot dog maven and author, Bruce Kraig. Judging will be based on taste, creativity, originality, inspired use of mustards, and appearance. Earn your bragging rights and prove that you CAN ‘Top This!’
Questions? Contact contest coordinator, Angela Hoover at email@example.com.