A golden opportunity for area chefs.
As part of An Evening of Mustard Royalty, some of the area’s most talented chefs will go toque-to-toque at our first annual Iron Mustard Chefs Challenge on Friday night, April 29. However, against the better wishes of Mrs. Mustard, the Curator just can’t help himself — he has already revealed the event’s secret ingredient … MUSTARD!
But, there will be at least a little suspense. Each chef will use a different, randomly selected Gold Medal mustard from the 2011 World-Wide Mustard Competition to create a stellar mustard-themed dish. Attendees at An Evening of Mustard Royalty will have a chance to taste them all and a panel of distinguished judges will pick the winning chef.
Not only will you have a great time at An Evening of Mustard Royalty, you’ll get to taste some of the newly crowned mustards in action. And don’t forget that at Saturday’s Mustard Marketplace you can meet some of the medal-winning mustard makers.
Chefs who are already salivating over this opportunity to strut their senf — errrr, stuff — include:
- Chef David Heide, Liliana’s Restaurant
- Chef Tim Larsen, The Coopers Tavern
- Chef Jim Doak, Culver’s Corporate
- Chef Rob Grisham, Brasserie V
- Chef Rod Ladson, Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse
- Chef Ginnie Richardson, Willy Street Co-op
- Chef Steve Eriksen, Whole Foods Market Madison