Ingredients for Dijon Chicken Fingers:
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (try Edmond Fallot Tarragon Dijon)
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb chicken tenders, trimmed
- 1-1/2 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 c whole wheat panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/4 c walnuts
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine mustard, mayonnaise, and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Add chicken tenders, coat well, and set aside.
Pour canola oil into a small nonstick skillet and heat over medium. Add panko (bread crumbs) and toast for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often, until crumbs are golden. Transfer to a shallow dish.
Arrange walnuts on a baking sheet; toast in oven for 2 to 3 minutes until just fragrant. Let cool, then finely chop and add to panko with wheat germ, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
Set a wire rack over a large baking sheet; spray lightly with cooking spray. Dredge chicken fingers in crumb mixture and arrange on rack. Spray chicken lightly with cooking spray and bake for 12 minutes or until just cooked through.
While chicken is baking, combine ingredients for dipping sauce (listed below) in a small bowl. Serve with the chicken fingers.
Ingredients for Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard (try DeLouis Fils al’ancienne, stoneground)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (try Sierra Nevada Pale Ale & Honey Spice Mustard)
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper